Accreditation and Approval
Sacramento Ultrasound Institute holds national institutional accreditation by the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools (ABHES). ABHES accreditation does not include continuing education courses. ABHES is located at: 7777 Leesburg Pike Suite 314 N, Falls Church, Virginia 22043, (703) 917-9503.
Approval to Operate
Sacramento Ultrasound Institute is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act (CPPEA) of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations. CPPEA is governed by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education; information about the Bureau can be found at www.bppe.ca.gov.
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technology Program is recognized by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) – www.arrt.org/Education/Educational-Programs. Graduates from the MRI program are eligible to sit for ARRT (MRI). Anyone taking an examination offered by ARRT and who graduates on or after January 1, 2015, must hold, at a minimum, an earned associate’s degree. For more information about ARRT, please visit: www.arrt.org. ARRT is located at: 1255 Northland Drive, St. Paul, MN 55120, (651) 687-0048.
Memberships and Affiliations
- All programs are regularly reviewed by advisory boards comprised of doctors, dentists, pharmacists, paralegals and accountants.
- Approved for the training of veterans.
- Approved to train State Vocational Rehabilitation students.
- Affiliated with hospitals, clinics, doctors for internship and clinical training, and graduate employment. Our career services are well recognized by many employers.
- A charter member of the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools which includes the California Association of Paramedical Schools.